Products are the print products, digital downloads, and packages that you sell. You can add a product to your store by adding them into your price sheets. Then, price sheets are assigned to galleries to make them available for sale.
On this page:
- Price sheet vs products
- Type of products
- Adding new products
- Pricing my products
- Choosing product options (size, paper type, color)
- Organizing products
Price sheet vs products
What's available for sale in your store is determined by your price sheet and products. You can think of price sheets as catalogs of products. Products are added to price sheets, and price sheets are then assigned to galleries to ultimately determine what's for sale in your galleries.
Learn more: All about Price Sheets
Type of products
There are four types of products you can sell in your store:
- Print products - physical print products, like photographic prints and wall arts, fulfilled by our lab partners.
- Digital downloads - digital files for your photos delivered by Pixieset. Learn more: Selling digital downloads
- Packages - a group of products to be sold for a single price. Learn more: Selling print and digital packages
- Self fulfilled items - items to be fulfilled by yourself manually outside of Pixieset. Learn more: Everything you need to know about Self-Fulfillment
Adding new products
Print products are automatically included in your price sheets by default. You can choose to show/hide individual products that you would like to offer by clicking on the "..." menu for each product.
Digital downloads and packages
Self Fulfilled Items
You can learn more about adding self fulfilled items here: Getting started with self fulfillment.
Legacy price sheet print products:
If you're using a legacy price sheet, you will need to click Add Product > Print in order to add print products.
Pricing my products
You can update prices in bulk, or manually adjust pricing for each product. If you have chosen the Apply recommended pricing option when creating a price sheet, your products are already priced according to our data to optimize sales.
Bulk pricing update
You can apply a bulk markup to your whole price sheet or individual products by clicking on the "..." menu > Apply Bulk Markup, or select a product > Apply Bulk Markup respectively.
Markup Percent - prices will be set to the base cost times the markup percentage followed by rounding
Round prices up to - You can choose to round the prices to .00, .99 or no rounding.
Reset pricing - You can reset your prices to our recommended data-driven pricing at any time.
Update individual product pricing
You can manually adjust the pricing for each product and its variations by selecting a product > Pricing > enter pricing for variations. Once you're done, remember to hit Save.
Choosing product options (size, paper type, color)
You can curate the product options you want to offer your clients for each product. For example, for photographic prints, you can manage what print sizes (4x6, 5x7, 8x10 etc) and paper type (Lustre, Glossy, Deep Matte etc) are available for sale.
Updating your product options will add and remove variations. You are recommended to review your pricing for each variation if you have updated the product options.
- From your dashboard, go to your Store > Products > select price sheet > select product.
- Click on Manage Options.
- Check/uncheck options you want to offer.
- Click Apply.
There are three main ways to organize your products:
- Product categories
- Arranging products within categories
- Arranging product categories.
Learn more: Organizing products and product categories