Manual tax rates put you in full control of your Store’s tax rates. Sales tax will be calculated based on the rates you specify for each Country and Region.
If you're in the United States, you are recommended to use Automated Sales Tax.
On this page:
Adding manual tax rate
- From your dashboard, go to Store > Taxes > Set Your Own Rates > Get Started.
- Click on the Add Tax Rate button to get started.
- You’ll need to start by setting up your Country Tax rate before being able to add Province/State taxes. Note you should enter whole %. e.g. entering 5 means 5% tax.
- Add any regional state/province taxes.
- You can choose to charge the state/province tax rate only, or combine this rate with the country rate.
Tax inclusive prices
Do your product prices already include taxes? If so, you should still create tax rates as shown above and then turn on the inclusive tax option. With the inclusive tax option turned on, your prices will be assumed to have taxes already included at the rate you have specified.
- Go to Store > Taxes > Settings
- Select All my prices include tax.
- You can also enter your VAT Number (if applicable), which will be displayed on your invoices.