In order to get setup your store to do self fulfillment, you will need to setup shipping methods before your clients can checkout.
On this page:
- Automatic fulfillment shipping
- Adding self fulfillment shipping methods
- Extra shipping for self fulfilled items
Automatic fulfillment shipping
If you are using automatic fulfillment with one of our print lab partners, you do not have to set up shipping methods. Everything is done for you automatically. The shipping methods available are determined by the lab and the client's shipping address, and the shipping cost will be directly charged and passed on to your client.
Learn more: Understanding Shipping
Adding self fulfillment shipping methods
You must set up your store with your own shipping methods before you can start selling with self fulfillment. You must create a shipping method for each country that you want to sell to. For example, if you only have a shipping method for United States create, your client will only be able to pick United States during the checkout.
- From your dashboard, go to Store > Shipping > +Add Shipping Method.
2. Name your Shipping Method. This is what the clients will see when they are picking a shipping method. Make sure the name of the shipping method clearly outlines what you are offering. Ideally you should include the name of the company you are using (i.e. FedEx, USPS etc.), and the type of delivery method (Ground, Priority Mail etc.).
3. Enter the Flat Fee per Order. Specify the shipping rate you would like to charge per order. This is added to the total of the Order regardless of the amount, weight, and size of the order itself. You can use the the extra shipping option when setting up your products if you need to cover additional costs.
4. Select a Country. This determines which country this shipping method will apply to. If you select "Ship to international", this shipping method will be shown to clients for all countries.
5. Click Save.
Extra shipping for self fulfilled items
You're able to add self fulfilled items in an automatic price sheet. In this scenario, your self fulfillment shipping methods will not apply in this case. You need to use the extra shipping option for each product to collect the extra shipping cost.