You can easily review and manage your contracts at any time within your Studio Manager Dashboard! This article will cover how to access all your contracts, the different statuses of a contract, and ways to manage and complete them.
On this page:
- Accessing your Contracts Page
- Understanding Contract Statuses
- Filtering and Sorting your Contracts
- Managing your Contracts
- Signing your Contracts
Accessing your Contacts Page
To access all of your contracts, go to your Studio Manager Dashboard and select Contracts from the left-hand panel. You can click directly into any contract to view its full details.
Understanding Contract Statuses
When reviewing your contracts, each of them will be assigned a specific status depending on which stage of the process they are in.
- Draft: The contract hasn't been sent to your client yet and is still in the editing stage.
- Awaiting Signature: The contract has been sent but it is still waiting for a signature from the client(s).
- Countersign: The contract has been signed by the client(s) and it is waiting for your required signature.
- Completed: The contract has been fully signed and completed.
- Canceled: The contract has been canceled. Your client can still view the contract but will no longer be able to sign it.
Filtering and Sorting your Contracts
You can easily toggle between different views, depending on the contract status you wish to review.
You can also sort the contracts by Name or Client (alphabetically), or date Created (oldest to newest, newest to oldest).
Managing your Contracts
There are two ways you can access additional management options for your contracts: through the More Options (•••) icon within the Contracts page**,** or through the Actions button within a specific contract.
Selecting Quick Actions within the Contracts Page
For quick actions, simply click More Options (•••) to the far right of the contract to bring up a drop-down menu.
The quick actions provided will include:
Edit: Make changes to the contract.
Duplicate: Create a copy of your current contract as a separate draft contract.
Delete: Removes the contract from your account; this action is permanent and cannot be undone.
Selecting Actions within a Specific Contract
To access the full range of actions, click into the specific contract. In the top right hand corner, click Actions to reveal a dropdown menu.
The actions provided in this dropdown menu will depend on the status of the contract, and can include:
- Add Signature: Add your signature to the contract. Available only for Draft contracts.
Note: For more information on signing a shared contract, click here.
- Download PDF: Download a PDF version if you need to save a copy of the contract on your device or require a hard copy to print. Available for Awaiting Signature, Countersign, Completed, and Canceled contracts.
- Edit contract: Make changes to the contract. Available for all contracts.
- Cancel contract: Cancel the contract and optionally share a notification email to the client. Available for Awaiting Signature, Countersign, and Completed contracts.
- Create template: Generate a contract template based on your current contract. This is a great way to get a head start and save your current contract's content for future contracts. Available for all contract statuses.
- Duplicate: Create a copy of your current contract as a separate draft contract. Available for all contract statuses.
- Delete: Removes the contract from your account. This action cannot be undone; both you and your client will also no longer be able to access the contract. Available for all contract statuses.
- Revert Contract: Revert the contract to Draft status and clear any signatures. Available only for Canceled contracts.
Looking to have a contract signed by yourself and/or a client? Check out our article here.