With Studio Manager’s Google Calendar Sync feature, you can connect your Google Calendar to automatically sync your confirmed sessions and check for conflicts to avoid double bookings. Once Studio Manager is successfully connected to your Google Calendar, the integration will continuously review and sync any new changes over to your calendar.
This article will provide instructions on how to set up the Google Calendar sync, as well as an overview on how the integration works. If you’re looking to add your sessions to another third-party calendar such as Outlook Calendar or Apple Calendar, click here instead.
On this page:
Connect your Google Calendar with Studio Manager
You can sync your confirmed sessions with Google Calendar in three simple steps:
Go to Studio Manager Dashboard > Bookings > Calendar. Then, click Calendar Sync in the top right hand corner.
In the Calendar Sync pop-up that appears, click Connect Google Calendar. You will be directed to Google’s sign in page where you can log in and give Pixieset permission to connect and sync information over to your Google Calendar.
Once you’ve given Pixieset permission to sync sessions over to your Google Calendar, you will be automatically directed back to Studio Manager. In the pop-up that appears, confirm which calendar in Google Calendar you’d like to add sessions to. In addition, optionally set the calendar(s) you’d like Studio Manager to check for conflicts.
Then, click Save to confirm the settings and begin syncing.
As long as Studio Manager is successfully connected to your Google Calendar, the integration will continuously review and sync any new changes within seconds.
To modify specific permissions or disconnect the Google Calendar integration, simply view the Calendar Sync pop-up again, and click Edit next to Google Calendar.
Understanding the Google Calendar Integration
You can always review the actions that you’ve allowed Studio Manager to complete in your Google Calendar by going to Studio Manager Dashboard > Bookings >Calendar>Calendar Sync.
By default, our Google Calendar integration will continuously complete the following as long as it remains connected:
- Sync confirmed sessions to your Google Calendar: Any sessions in your Sessions page with the “Confirmed” status will be automatically synced over to your Google Calendar.
- Send calendar invitations: After a client books a confirmed session, they will be automatically added as an attendee to your synced calendar event in Google Calendar.
- Check calendars for conflict: If you have a busy event in the calendar(s) you’ve allowed Studio Manager to check for conflicts, any available time slots from your session types that overlap with the busy event will be removed. As an example:
- You block off 10 AM - 11 AM on January 6 in your Google Calendar for a personal event (e.g. “Dentist Appointment”).
- Studio Manager automatically reads this busy event and updates your session types so that any available time slots that fall within 10 AM - 11 AM on January 6 are removed.
Note: Any changes to a session must be made in your Studio Manager Dashboard. Modifying a session in your Google Calendar will not push the change to Studio Manager.
For example, if you want to cancel a session, you must do so in Studio Manager rather than deleting/removing the event in Google Calendar. Once the session is canceled in your Studio Manager Dashboard, it will be removed automatically from your Google Calendar.