Connecting your PayPal business account will enable PayPal Express Checkout for your clients, allowing them to pay with their PayPal account balance, various credit cards, and debit cards. Your clients will be directed to a PayPal checkout page to complete their payment.
Note that you must have a PayPal business account (either a Pro or a Standard account) in order to use PayPal.
On this page:
- Connecting PayPal
- Disconnecting PayPal
- PayPal international support
- PayPal processing fee
Setting up PayPal generally requires two things: Adding your API credentials and Authorizing Pixieset to capture funds.
1. From your Pixieset dashboard, go to Store > Settings.
2. Under Payment Methods, click on the Get Started button beside the PayPal option.
3. Click on Add your API Credentials then Retrieve my credentials. You should see a pop-up that brings you to PayPal’s dashboard.
4. Log into PayPal’s dashboard through the pop-up window.
5. Once you’re logged into your PayPal account, scroll down on that pop-up window until you see the NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic) heading.
6. Click Manage API Credentials.
7. Select Request API signature and Agree and Submit.
8. View your API Signature and click on Show to copy the required information.
9. Copy and Paste the information to the appropriate fields and enter them on Pixieset
10. Click on Save and you should then see an "Added" indication.
11. Click on Authorize now under Step 2. This will enable us to transfer any fees for the order (i.e. the lab's cost of goods where applicable):
You will be directed to PayPal's site so that you can log in and complete the authorization. Once logged in, click on Agree and Continue.
You should then be redirected back to your Pixieset dashboard. If you see a green ON indicator, that means everything has been set up correctly and you are ready to go!
Note: If we are unsuccessful in charging your default payment source in PayPal for the order’s cost of goods sold, we will try to charge the backup card on your PayPal account. If that also fails, we’ll charge the credit card on file for your Pixieset account. This is to help ensure that your orders progress as normal for your clients while you work on resolving any payment challenges with PayPal.
You may remove your PayPal account at anytime. After it has been disconnected, your checkout maybe disabled if PayPal was the only payment method you have enabled.
1. From the dashboard, go to Store > Settings.
2. Click on the Edit button next to PayPal
3. Click on Disconnect PayPal
4. Confirm your disconnection.
PayPal international support
You can visit PayPal's global page to see a list of their support countries.
PayPal processing fee
Generally, PayPal charges a processing fee of 2.99% to 3.45% + $0.49 USD for each transaction. This rate may vary based on your country and the type of PayPal account you have.
Is your PayPal account a Business Account?
PayPal offers two different types of accounts: Personal, and Business. In order to connect your PayPal account as a payment gateway in your Pixieset Store, your account must be a Business account.
You can confirm which account type you have by logging in to your PayPal dashboard, and going to Profile > My Settings. Here you can review your Account type on the right side of the page.
How long ago did you create your PayPal Business Account?
PayPal may take 3-5 business days to verify your new Account before you will be able to set up your Pixieset Store using PayPal as your payment processor. If you only created the Business Account recently, you will have to wait until your Account has been verified.
API Signature vs API Certificate
If you are unable to locate your PayPal API Signature, it is possible that you previously requested an API Certificate on your account, rather than an API Signature.
Is PayPal is requesting a "Third Party Permissions Username"?
If you are being prompted to enter a Third Party Permissions Username, you are likely in the wrong place! Connecting your PayPal account to your Pixieset Store will not require a Third Party Permissions Username, and you will want to ensure that you have followed each of the steps exactly as they are outlined in our PayPal setup guide.