If your client has not received the Email Invite to view their Collection, you should check the status of their Email Invite. There are 3 different Email Status options: Pending, Sent, and Rejected.
Option 1: Pending Status
After you have clicked Send, you can scroll down to the Email Invite History to see the status of the email invite. If the status is "Pending", it means that our system is still working on sending the email invite. The email can take up to a couple of minutes to send. Once the email has been sent, the status will be updated to Sent.
Option 2: Sent Status
If your client has not received the email invitation, and the email invite status is Sent, there could be a couple of reasons:
- The email invitation has been delivered, but it could have landed in the clients' junk/spam/promotion folder. Your client can mark the invitation as 'not spam' once located, to prevent future invitations from getting filtered as spam.
- The email has been delivered to the destination email server, and it is up to the your email service provider to deliver it to your mailbox. In this scenario, you might simply have to wait.
Option 3: Rejected Status
A Rejected status means that the email was 'bounced' and was rejected by the email server of the recipient. There could be many different reasons why an email might be rejected, which we categorize into two main groups:
A soft bounce typically means that there is a temporary delivery issue to an email address. Although there are a number of reasons that a soft bounce might occur, the most common reasons are:
- The recipient's email server is down
- The recipient's mailbox is full
- The message is too large
A hard bounce indicates that there is a permanent issue and the email is undeliverable. Although there are a number of reasons that a hard bounce might occur, the most common reasons are:
- Invalid recipient email address
- Invalid domain name
- Recipient email server has completely blocked the email delivery
A rejected email will not be re-delivered, and will need to be re-sent.
DIY Personal Invite
If you are having trouble with your client's email, you can email your client a direct link to the Collection URL from your personal email. You can find the Collection's direct link by first opening the Collection, and then clicking on the Share button at the bottom left of the page. Once on the Share page, you can click Get Direct Link at the top right corner of the page.