Offering discounts with coupons for your Pixieset Store can be an effective way to boost sales.
On this page:
- Types of coupons
- Adding a new coupon
- Coupon options
- Applying and testing your coupon
- Combining or stacking coupons
Types of coupons
You can generally create four types of coupons:
- Amount off - offer a fixed dollar amount off the order total or specific items
- Percentage off - offer a percentage off the order total or specific items
- Free giveaway (Buy X get Y) - Gives away certain items for free in your client's cart
- Free shipping - Give your client the cheapest shipping method for free
With additional coupon options, you will be able to create various discount scenarios:
- 15% off orders over $150
- Free shipping on any order
- $25 off any wall art products
- Buy 1 print get 1 print free
- Buy ten 4 x 6s and get 25% off each
Adding a new coupon
- From your dashboard, go to Store > Coupons.
- Click on the Add Coupon button.
- Enter all the required options under the Discount section.
- Add additional criteria for your coupons under the Options section.
- Click Save.
Minimum Order Amount - the coupon can only be applied if the order meets the minimum order amount (i.e. if you set this minimum as $100, your client cannot apply the coupon code until they have at least $100 in their shopping cart).
Limit Total Uses - the coupon can only be redeemed a specific number of times. You can set a limit Per Collection, or Overall.
If you set the limit to be 5 Overall, this means the code can only be used 5 times in total across all of your Collections. If you set the limit to be 5 Per Collection , this means that the coupon can be applied 5 times for every one of your Collections.
Active Dates - this coupon can be scheduled to be active and to expire on a specific date. If you add an End date, the coupon can no longer be used after that date.
Add Free Shipping - if this option is selected, your client will also get Free Shipping in addition to the discount set for this coupon. This will discount the lowest cost shipping method your client can select at checkout, based on the items they have in their shopping cart.
Applies to - If you selected All price sheets**,** this means that the discount can be applied to all of your collections and price sheets with no restrictions.
If you select Specific price sheet, this will restrict the usage of the coupon code to specific products on a specific price sheet.
If order contains - this option allows you to create a Buy X Get Y scenario using the Free Giveaway coupon type. For example, you can say, if order contains one 4x6, get a free 4x6.
Coupon Banner - add a message that will be displayed on the applicable collections for the discount. Learn more: Using Coupon Banner to promote sales
Note: if you have provided your client with a coupon code that discounts their Order below the Lab's Cost of Goods, any remaining Cost of Goods charged will be charged directly to your credit card on file.
Example coupons setup
The coupon system is flexible and powerful with many options available. It can be overwhelming initially trying to understand all the options available to you. Our recommendation is to keep your discounts simple.
Here are some example on how to setup various discount scenarios to get you started:
15% off orders over $150
- Discount type - percentage off
- Discount amount - 15
- Minimum amount off - 150.00
Buy one get one for 4x6s
- Discount type - Free Giveaway
- Shopper gets a free... - All variants of 4 x 6 Print with quantity 1
- If order contains... - All variants of 4 x 6 Print with quantity 1
$25 off and free shipping on any canvas
- Discount type - amount off
- Discount amount - 25.00
- Applies to - Select specific price sheet, select your price sheet, and add all variants of the canvas product
- Free shipping - turned on
Applying and testing your coupon
Once you have created your coupons, it is recommended that you test your coupons to make sure they are working as intended. The best way to test a coupon is to go to your own galleries, add the applicable items and apply the coupon at checkout to see the outcome.
Combining or stacking coupons
There's currently no way to combine or stack multiple coupons. You are only allowed to enter one coupon during checkout.