You can add videos from YouTube and Vimeo directly to your Pixieset Website with a video block. This article will explain how to add a video block, connect a video to it, and adjust its settings.
On this page
Adding a Video Block
You can easily display a video on your Website by adding a video block:
Hover over the area that you'd like to add a new block to, and click the green "+" icon that appears.
On the "Add Block" page that appears, navigate to the Video tab and select the video block design you'd like to add.
Types of Video Blocks
There are several video block types you can add to your Website, depending on how you'd like to display your video.
- Video: Showcase a standalone video, without a title or any text
- Video Banner: Display a video in a banner style with options to add text, link, and background tint
- Video with Text: Display your video alongside a heading and paragraph text
Connecting a Video to the Block
Once you have added a video block to a Website page, you will be able to connect a video to the block:
- Click directly on the video block to load its Block Settings page in the left-hand Builder Panel.
- In the "Video URL" field, paste the direct link of your YouTube or Vimeo video.
Adjusting Video Block Settings
You are able to adjust certain settings for a video block, such as its thumbnail, title, caption etc. To do this, click directly onto the video block to load its settings in the Builder Panel.
Can I upload videos files straight to my Website?
Pixieset does not support video file uploads, so you would need to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo before linking it to your video block
Why doesn't my video banner autoplay on mobile?
When you use a video banner block, the video will autoplay in the background when viewed on desktop. Due to mobile browser rules, it will not autoplay on mobile devices so visitors will need to click on the video thumbnail to expand and play it.
If you'd like to use another image in place of a video banner's default thumbnail, you can use the Mobile Fallback Image to upload a photo.
- Click on the video banner block to bring up the settings panel in the left.
- Under Mobile Fallback Image, upload your preferred photo.
This fallback image will only appear on mobile devices where the video banner will not autoplay.
Why am I seeing the error "Video URL Field is Invalid"?
If you've entered your video's direct link in the Video URL field and you're seeing this message, be sure to double check that the video is on YouTube or Vimeo, and that the video URL is correct.
You must also ensure that your video is allowed to be embedded on other websites, and also set to Public.