With Studio Manager, you can issue a refund for any invoice or session payment directly on your Payments page, or within a specific invoice. This article will go over how to issue or record a refund, depending on the type of payment.
On this page:
Refunding Online Payments (Stripe, Bank Transfer, PayPal)
You can refund a payment processed by Stripe or PayPal in two steps:
- In your Payments page, locate the payment you’d like to refund and click ••• > Refund.
- Confirm the refund amount and click Refund.
The refunded funds can take 5 to 10 days to appear on your client's statement. The amount will be withdrawn from your account balance; if your account balance is insufficient, your connected bank account will be debited for the outstanding amount.
Depending on your online payment, your payment processor (PayPal, Stripe) may have some limitations for the refund process:
- For payments processed by PayPal that have exceeded 180 days, you will not be able to refund the transaction directly. Instead, refund your client directly by sending money to them from your PayPal Dashboard.
- For bank transfers (ACH) processed by Stripe, refunds can only be issued within 80 days of the transaction. Pending ACH payments can also not be refunded until they are processed completely.
Recording Refunds for Manual Payments
If you need to refund a manual payment, you will need to do so outside of Pixieset. From there, you can update your invoice to reflect the refund in two steps.
- In your Payments page, locate the manual payment you’d like to record a refund for. Click ••• > Record Refund.
- Confirm the refund amount in the pop-up that appears, and click Record refund.