Offering a specific number of photos as free Digital Downloads is a very common workflow, and this can be achieved in two different ways:
1. You can create a Coupon for the number of Digital Downloads you want to offer for free, and ask your client to purchase them through your Store (this will also allow you to charge for any additional products they wish to purchase).
2. If you do not have Store activated, or you simply want to keep the Free Downloads separate for your client, you can do this by using the Favorites feature, and sending them their selections by email.
Option 1: I want to give them a specific number of downloads for free, while allowing them to purchase additional products.
- Make sure you have activated your Store
- Add the Single Photo Digital Download product to your Price Sheet
- Go to Store > Coupon and create a Giveaway Coupon for the amount of digitals included within their package. If you are offering 10 Digital Downloads for free, you would select the Price Sheet you are using, and add 10 individual downloads as the giveaway. You will also want to set the Max Redemption to 1 Overall to avoid this Coupon being used multiple times.
- Share this Coupon code with your client for them to use. When your client enters the Coupon code, they will get 10 Digital Downloads for free. Any additional products they have in their cart will be charged at the normal price.
Note: If you are on the Free account, you will still be charged the 15% commission fee on the Order Subtotal - before the discount has been applied. In this case, you may want to consider Option 2 below instead!
Option 2: I want to send my client a specific number of downloads for free.
- Have your client pick out their Favorites - Create a predefined Favorite List, and select the maximum number of images that you would like your client to be able to select
- Assign the Favorite List to your clients email address, and notify them the list is ready to be filled
- Once they have selected their images, they can notify you via email or the Favorite sharing feature.
- View their completed list in the Favorite Activity tab, and click on More > Send as Download
- Enter your client's email address, write a custom message (optional) and select a download size.
- Your client will receive a download link for their Favorites shortly
Note: The Collection Download PIN is not required for your client to download their Favorites using this method. They will receive a direct download link to download their files in a .ZIP file.