You can promote your coupon by displaying a coupon banner at the top of the gallery. The banner can display a custom message (i.e. Free shipping when you spend $50 or more) and the coupon code for checkout.
On this page:
Setting up a Coupon Banner
You can find the option to turn on the coupon banner when you're creating or updating a coupon. If you’ve never set up a coupon code before, we have a great guide on how to do this here.
- From your dashboard, go to Store > Coupons > Select or create a coupon.
- Toggle on the Coupon Banner option.
- Enter a Banner Message and select a Color.
- Verify your banner in the preview.
- Click Save to save your changes.
1. How do I show a banner only on a specific collection?
You can show the coupon banner on a specific collection by using the Show Banner On feature. You simply select "Specific collection" and you will be able to select a collection that's eligible for the coupon.
2. I don’t see the banner shown on my galleries.
If you have set up a banner for a gallery, but don’t see it in the gallery itself, you maybe want to check the coupon/banner settings for the following criteria:
- Active Date: Is the coupon active for today’s date? (ie, not expired or scheduled to start in the future)
- Applies to a specific price sheet: Is the coupon linked to the correct price sheet (if your discount is for specific products)? Do you see the Collection Name listed in the Preview section for your Banner?
- Maximum redemption limit: Has the coupon code reached the usage limit?
3. What is a conflict and how do I resolve it?
A conflict occurs when you are trying to show more than one banner in any given collection. Each collection can only have one banner at a time. If you are seeing a conflict, you can either disable the conflicting banners, or resolve it by changing some of the coupon settings, for example:
- Adjust the Active Date
- Change the Price Sheet if you’re offering a discount on specific products
You can use the Resolve Conflicts option for your banner to disable the banners that are also active for the same time frame if you do not wish to change the other settings. Using the Resolve Conflicts option does not disable the coupon code - it will only remove the banner message from the top of your galleries. Clients can continue to use the discount if they have been provided the code.