Pixieset Website makes it easy to add different kinds of pages to help organize your content. This article will walk you through the basics of creating different types of pages in your site, including a blog page, a Bio Links page, and subpages for a dropdown menu.
On this page:
- Creating a new page
- Adding a dropdown menu of subpages
- Creating a blog page
- Adding a link to a webpage
- Creating a Bio Links page
Creating a new page
Adding a page to your site only takes two steps:
In the Pages Tab of your Website Builder, click +Add Page > Page and select a page template or blank page to start with. Give your new page a title, and click Create Page to add it to your website’s site menu.
Once added, you can re-order where your new page appears in your site’s menu by clicking and dragging the page up and/or down your Builder Panel’s Site Menu.
Adding a dropdown menu of subpages
Dropdown menus are a great way to keep your similar pages and menu links organized under a single section in your site’s navigation menu. For example, you may have a "Portfolio” dropdown menu that contains subpages for the session types you offer. Here is how a dropdown menu will typically appear in your Pixieset Website compared to your Website Builder:
You can create a dropdown menu by setting up any of your pages as subpages under a folder or a parent page. Both folders and parent pages work similarly by revealing a dropdown menu of subpages when visitors hover over it in your site’s navigation menu. There is only one difference:
- A folder is not a page itself, so it only reveals a dropdown menu of subpages when visitors hover over it. Clicking on the name of the folder does not direct the visitor to any page of its own.
- A parent page is a page itself, so it can contain content like any other page of your site. Visitors can reveal a dropdown menu of subpages when hovering over a parent page, or they can click directly on the name of the parent page to view the page itself.
To create your dropdown menu of subpages in your Website Builder:
- Decide which existing folder or page (i.e. parent page) you’d like to create your dropdown menu under. If you haven’t created the folder or page yet, you can so by clicking + Add Page at the top of the Pages tab of your Builder Panel.
- Organize the pages you’d like to be in the dropdown menu directly underneath the folder/parent page. Then, click ••• > Subpage to add each of the pages as a dropdown item to it. To change the order of the subpages, you can click and drag them within the dropdown menu.
Tip: If you need to add more subpages to an existing dropdown menu, you can save time by clicking and dragging the pages directly underneath the dropdown menu instead of clicking ••• > Subpage.
Creating a blog page
Blogging is a great way to keep your website fresh, share stories of your clients, and allow visitors to connect with you as a photographer. With Pixieset Website, you can add a dedicated blog page to your site, where all your blog posts will reside for visitors to read and enjoy!
You can add a blog page to your site via your Website Builder by clicking +Add Page > Blog. Once your blog page is created, you can begin adding your first post to your blog right away.
For more information on blogging with Pixieset Website, click here.
Adding a link to a webpage
If you want to add a link to a webpage to your Pixieset Website’s menu, you can definitely do so. This option comes in handy if you want to direct your visitors to a webpage outside of your Pixieset Website, such as a collection’s Store or your personal Booking Site.
To add a link to your Website’s Menu, click +Add Page > Link in your Website Builder. From there, enter a name and paste a valid URL for your link.
For more ways to add links to your Pixieset Website, click here.
Creating a Bio Links page
A Bio Links page is a fantastic way to share multiple links all in one place. Easy to create and customize, your Bio Links are ready to be shared anywhere, such as your Instagram Bio. This makes it easier for potential clients to find you and drive traffic to important content like your website, booking site, blog and social accounts.
Creating your Bio Links is as easy as adding a new page to your Website. In your Website Builder, click +Add Page > Bio Links.
For more information on setting up a Bio Links page in your Pixieset Website, click here.