Having an easy channel for those interested in your photography services to get in touch with you is essential for your business. Regardless of whether you are just starting out or an experienced photographer, contact forms are the perfect way to capture leads and evaluate whether they are a good fit for you and your services.
With Studio Manager’s Contact Forms, you can easily create a custom form that you can publish online or embed on your photography website. Form submissions are automatically sent directly to your email and the contact will be automatically created in your Contacts page so you can stay organized with minimum effort.
This article will go over how to create and share your first contact form with Studio Manager in just a few steps.
On this page:
- Creating and Designing your Contact Form
- Sharing your Contact Form
- What happens when my form is submitted?
Creating and Designing your Contact Form
Setting up your first contact form is easy! In your Studio Manager Dashboard, go to Contacts > Contact Forms and click Create Contact Form. From there, you will name your contact form before being taken to the form builder.
In the top right hand corner of the form builder, you can click Edit Design to adjust the cover image as well as the styling for your button and fields.
To help you get a head start, your new form will be populated with first name, last name, email and message fields. You can add more fields to your form by hovering over a field and clicking the green + button underneath. Hovering over a specific field will also reveal additional customization options, such as the ability to re-order the field, or set the field as a required question.
The following contact info fields are available for your contact form. When your lead fills out the contact form, our system will use these fields to generate their profile in your Contacts page:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Phone Number
Note: The First Name, Last Name, and Email fields cannot be removed from your contact form because they are required in order to generate your contact’s profile in Studio Manager.
In addition to the contact info fields, you also have the option to add the following customizable fields to your form:
- Short Text and Long Text: These text blocks allows you to accept freeform responses from your contact.
- Multiple Choice: Multiple choice fields can be used to list other several possible options, from which your contact can choose their preferred choice.
- Checkboxes: The checkbox field lets your contact select one or more option from a list of choices you provide.
- Date: The date block allows your contact to select a calendar date (e.g. 01/15/2024), as well as a time (e.g. 2:30 PM) if required. This is a handy field to use if you'd like your contact to indicate their preferred date for an upcoming event.
- Explanation: The explanation block allows you to share additional information with your client. This is a great way to provide more detailed instructions to your contact before they continue to a specific section of the contact form.
In the left-hand Settings section of the form builder, you have the option to adjust specific behaviour and labels of your form:
- New Contact Type: Choose a contact type (Lead, Client or Other) for new contacts created from form submissions. New contacts will automatically appear in your Contacts page.
- Button Label: Customize what the button to submit your form says. By default, this will say “Submit”.
- Form Title: Optionally assign your form a title that appears at the top.
After Form Submission: Determine what your contact sees after they submit the form.
- Show success message: Present a short, custom message after your contact submits the form.
- Redirect to another page: Direct your contact to a specific URL after they submit the form.
Sharing your Contact Form
When your contact form is ready to be published and shared with the world, click Publish in the top right hand corner of your form builder! Then, when you are redirected to your main Contact Forms page, click ••• > Share Form for your published form.
On the Share Contact Form pop-up that appears, you can share your contact form as a direct link or to retrieve custom code to embed your form on a site.
- Direct Link: Share a direct link to your form with your contact directly (e.g. via text, email, etc.). You can also add this link to your socials or to the menu of your photography website.
- Embedded form: Copy and paste the provided custom code into your site’s HTML so that your form appears right on your site’s page.
Note: If you plan to embed your form to a Wix site specifically, keep in mind that Wix does not support URL redirects. For this reason, forms on Wix sites that use “Redirect to another page” will display a default success message upon submission instead. We recommend setting your form’s after form submission setting to “Show success message” instead of “Redirect to another page” so you can display a customized message.
Embedding your form in your Pixieset Website
If you are a Pixieset Website user on the Pro Website Plan or the Pro/Ultimate Suite Plan, you can paste your code into a custom embed code block so your form appears right on your site! This can be done in just a few steps:
In your Website Builder, add the custom embed code block to the page where you’d like your contact form to show up. You can locate the block under the “Others” category.
Click on the custom code embed block and paste your contact form’s code into it. If you don’t have the code for your contact form copied yet, go to your Contact Forms page and share it to retrieve it.
Publish your Website so your contact form appears to everyone visiting your website! You also have the ability to review how your contact form will appear first by toggling on Safe Preview for your custom embed code block.
What happens when my form is submitted?
If your form is completed by a new contact, Studio Manager will automatically generate a profile for them based on the form’s New Contact Type setting. This new profile will automatically appear in your Contacts page.
From there, your contact’s submission is automatically sent to your account email for review. The email will be sent by email@example.com and will contain your contact’s full submission details, as well as a link to their profile in Studio Manager.