How does it work?
Your clients can purchase Digital Downloads through your Pixieset Store. Here are some quick facts that you should know:
- There is no processing fee, and no delivery fee. If you are on the Free Account, the 15% commission fee will still apply.
- Digital Downloads are automatically fulfilled for you. We will send your client a download link via email when their Order is ready to go.
- You can sell individual photo Downloads or all photos in the Collection, or you can create a Package of Digital Downloads and sell a specific number of images.
- You can sell your Digital Downloads in multiple resolutions: Original, High Res and Web Size, or only offer the one resolution that best suits your business. Learn more about file sizes here.
- You can add a Digital Image License for your Store
- You may want to update your Download Settings in the Collection. The Download Status does not need to be "ON" for you to Sell Downloads, and having this "ON" will allow your clients to download their photos for Free if you provide the Download PIN (or disable the PIN requirement).
Note: When a client purchases an All Photos Digital Download, they will receive all of the images in the Collection - regardless of the Set Download Restrictions Settings for the Collection. For example, if you have three Sets and one of the Sets has has been made "Unavailable" for Download, anyone purchasing the All Photos product from your Store will still receive every Set in the Collection.
Adding Digital Downloads to Price Sheets
You can start selling Digital Downloads by adding a Digital Download product to one of your Price Sheets. To do this, go to Store > Products, and select the Price Sheet that you want to use (or create a new Price Sheet). Once you have a Price Sheet open, you can click on + Add Product.
Note: You are able to add Digital Download Products to both Lab-fulfillment and Self-fulfillment Price Sheets.
You must select a Price Sheet before you will see the +Add Product option.
In the Add Product pop-up window, select Digital Download as the Product Type.
Note: It is very important that you select "Digital Download" as the Product Type. If you use a different Product template to create your Product, it will not be fulfilled automatically by Pixieset.
Select the Download Type, Download Size, and set the Price for this Digital Download product.
Once Digital Downloads have been added to your Price Sheets, your client will be able to see them under the DIGITAL category.
Adding a Digital Image License
You can add a Digital Image License for your Store at any time. Your clients will be provided with a link to your Digital Image License on checkout, and by clicking the Place Order button they are agreeing to comply with the information listed in your Digital Image License. To add a Digital Image License, go to Store > Settings > Digital Image License.
Important: Pixieset provides no warranties for digital image licenses and is not liable for any dispute arising out of any digital image license agreement. Pixieset is also not responsible for enforcing any digital image license agreements.
How will my clients receive the files?
Once your client places the Order, they will receive an Order confirmation email. Shortly after that, we'll send them another email that contains their link (this expires in 7 days) to download the photos.
Can I make my Tax Rules not apply to Digital Downloads?
Yes! If you are using Manual Tax for your Pixieset Store you have the option to create your tax rates so that they apply to all products except Digital Downloads. When you are creating or updating tax rules, you will see an Apply to Digital Downloads checkbox.