You can sell collages, calendars, or other multi-image products in your Store as self fulfilled products. To purchase one of these products, your client will add this item to their cart when placing their order, then add the images they wish to select for their order to a Favorites List. From there, you can design the product and place an order with the lab of your choice, then arrange to have the finished product delivered to your client.
Learn more about how self fulfillment works here: Getting started with self fulfillment
Note: If you want to sell albums and books in your Store via automatic fulfillment, check out our Selling albums and books guide instead.
On this page:
- Creating a self fulfilled multi-image product
- Helping clients select their photos
- Fulfilling the order
- Automatic fulfillment albums and books
Creating a self fulfilled multi-image product
To get started selling multi-image products, create a self fulfillment item on your existing price sheet.
- From your dashboard, go to Store > Products and select your price sheet.
- Click on + Add Product > then Self Fulfilled Item.
- Enter the product details. This includes:
- Name: The name of your product (e.g. Calendar, Collage, etc.)
- Description: Describe your multi-image product
- Images: Upload up to 5 images of your product
- Price: The price you are charging for the product. If you are adding multiple product options, you’ll instead set the prices for each product variation individually.
- Extra Shipping: Any additional shipping charge to add for the product. If you are adding multiple product options, you’ll instead add the additional shipping charge for each product variation individually.
- Category: The type of product you’re offering which will determine where the product appears in your Print Store
- Product Options: You can add product options to allow your client to customize their order. Click + Add product option to add new variations. For example, you can add an option to let your client select how many images they’d like included in their collage. For this product option, set the Name to Images, and add the different variations as Values (e.g. 3, 5, etc.).
- Once you have added all of your product options, you can set the prices for each variation. You can also add extra shipping charges as necessary, or hide certain options if a particular variation is not available.
- Click Save to add the new product to your price sheet. It is ready to sell, once your price sheet has been assigned to a collection. Learn more: Assigning price sheets to galleries
Here's an example of what a self fulfilled multi-image product would look like for you and your clients.
The item on your price sheet:
What your clients would see:
Helping clients select their photos
Once your clients have ordered the multi-image product in your Store, you can ask them to go back into the collection and create a Favorites List containing the images they would like included in the product. You can also create a list for your client in advance, and set a specific number of photos for your client to choose.
To create a pre-set Favorites List for your client, go to the Favorite Activity tab in their collection, click + New Favorite List, and add your client’s email address, and the maximum number of images your client can add to the list. Your client will then be able to log in with their email and save images to this list.
When your client has selected their favorites, you will be able to access the information from the Favorite section of the Activity tab. You can also download a list of the images within the list to your computer or Lightroom Catalog. From there, you can design and fulfill the product at a vendor of your choice.
Learn more: How does proofing with Favorites work?
Fulfilling the order
Any self fulfilled products you offer will need to be fulfilled outside of Pixieset at your preferred vendor. Using the information your client provided in their order and the images in their Favorites List, you can design the product and place an order with the lab of your choice, and arrange to have the finished product delivered to your client.
Automatic fulfillment albums and books
If you are based in North America, automatic fulfillment price sheets in your Store include automatic fulfillment album and book products from one of our US-based lab partners which relies on their specialized design software.
Learn more: Selling albums and books