This guide is specifically intended for those looking to set up Google Analytics for Client Gallery. If you were hoping to set this up for Pixieset Website instead, you can find our guide here.
Using Google Analytics allows you to track the amount of visitors your galleries receive, where in the world they are based, how long they stay on your galleries etc.
On this page
- GA4 vs UA
- Step One: Set Up
- Step Two: Setting up your GA4 Property
- Step Three: Add your GA4 Property to Pixieset
- Where can I view Analytics for my Collections?
GA4 vs UA
Google are phasing out the Universal Analytics system for the new generation: GA4. Starting July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data. Whether you’re new to Google Analytics or an existing user, this guide will show you how to connect GA4 tracking to your Pixieset Client Galleries for more up-to-date insights. You can find more information about Google Analytics and the benefits of GA4 here.
Step One: Set Up
Depending on whether or not you already have a Google Analytics account there are slightly different steps you’ll need to take in order to get set up.
Creating your Google Analytics account
If you don’t have one already, you’ll need to create a Google Analytics account, and fill in the information required under Account Setup. Then skip to Step Two.
Migrating from UA to GA4 on an existing account
If you already have a Google Analytics account, you can begin setting up your new GA4 property by following these steps
Open your Google Analytics Account and click Admin in the bottom left-hand side
Click + Create New Property in the middle column to begin setting up the GA4 property.
Step Two: Setting up your GA4 Property
You should now see the Create Property page where you can set the details for the new property. Begin by giving the property a name (EG: Pixieset) and fill out some general business information.
1. After you’ve completed either of the above steps, you should see the Create Property page where you can set the details for the new property. Begin by giving the property a name (EG: Pixieset) and fill out some general business information.
2. Set up the Stream that will connect data from your Client Gallery Homepage to your Google Analytics dashboard. You will be prompted to Choose a Platform to begin collecting data. Click Web and enter your Client Gallery Homepage URL. You will then need to set a Stream Name (e.g. “Pixieset Collections”). If you are using a custom domain, be sure to enter your full custom domain URL for tracking to work.
Step Three: Add your GA4 Property to Pixieset
Grab your unique Measurement ID code (Starting with “G-”) from the stream details.
Add the Tracking ID to your Pixieset Dashboard:
- Go to Client Gallery Dashboard > Settings > Analytics and enter your Google Analytics Measurement ID.
- Click Save to complete the connection.
Where can I view Analytics for my Collections?
You can easily access your Google Analytics account by clicking here! Simply Sign in and select Analytics. You can then use the search feature at the top left of the page to find your Pixieset account! You can also access your analytics through a linked Google Ads account. Just click the Tools and Analysis tab and select Analytics.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for data from your galleries to show in your Google Analytics dashboard.